Diagnose & Troubleshoot
Yard Machines Snow Thrower
Unit fails to discharge snow Possible Causes and Corrective Actions
- Discharge chute clogged
- Stop engine immediately and disconnect spark plug wire. Clean discharge chute and auger housing using a clean-out tool or stick.
- Foreign object lodged in auger
- Stop engine immediately and disconnect spark plug wire. Remove object.
- Auger control cable out of adjustment
- Adjust the control cable as instructed in Operator's manual.
- Auger belt worn or damaged
- Inspect the drive belt for damage and replace if necessary.
- Shear pin(s) sheared
- Replace with new shear pin(s).