Diagnose & Troubleshoot
Yard-Man Snow Thrower
Engine fails to start Possible Causes and Corrective Actions
- Key not in ignition switch
- Insert key.
- Fuel tank empty or stale fuel
- Fill tank with clean, fresh fuel.
- Engine not primed
- Prime engine as instructed in engine Operator's manual.
- Blocked fuel line
- Clean fuel line.
- Spark plug wire disconnected
- Connect spark plug wire.
- Faulty spark plug
- Clean, adjust gap, or replace.
- Choke not activated
- Place choke control into full choke position.
- Engine flooded
- Wait 15-30 minutes for excess fuel to evaporate and try starting again.
- Carburetor malfunction
- See an authorized service center.