Diagnose & Troubleshoot
Yard-Man Walk Behind
Engine fails to start Possible Causes and Corrective Actions
- Blade control disengaged
- Engage blade control.
- Spark plug boot disconnected
- Connect wire boot to spark plug.
- Fuel tank empty
- Fill tank with fresh fuel.
- Engine not primed (if equipped with primer)
- Prime engine as instructed in the "Operation" section of Operator's manual.
- Faulty spark plug
- Clean, adjust gap, or replace spark plug. Refer to engine manual.
- Blocked fuel line
- Clean or replace fuel line.
- Engine flooded
- Wait a few minutes to restart, but do not prime.
- Fuel valve closed (if equipped)
- Open fuel valve. Refer to engine manual.
- Engine not choked (if equipped with choke)
- Choke engine. Refer to engine manual.
- Burnt fuse (electric start models only)
- Replace fuse. See "Service" section of Operator's manual.