Diagnose & Troubleshoot
Yard Machines Riding Mower
Engine fails to start Possible Causes and Corrective Actions
- PTO / Blade engagement control engaged
- Place control lever in disengaged (OFF) position.
- Parking brake not engaged
- Engage parking brake.
- Spark plug wire disconnected
- Connect wire to spark plug.
- Throttle control lever not in correct starting position
- Place throttle control lever into FAST (START) position.
- Fuel tank empty, or stale fuel
- Fill tank with clean, fresh fuel.
- Blocked fuel line
- Clean fuel line.
- Faulty spark plug
- Clean, adjust gap, or replace.
- Engine flooded
- Crank engine with throttle in FAST position.
- Fuse(s) blown
- Replace blown fuse.