Diagnose & Troubleshoot
Bolens Walk Behind
Engine fails to start Possible Causes and Corrective Actions
- Blade control disengaged
- Engage blade control.
- Spark plug boot disconnected
- Connect wire to spark boot.
- Fuel tank empty or stale fuel
- Fill tank with clean, fresh gasoline.
- Engine not primed (if equipped with primer)
- Prime engine as instructed in the "Operation" section of the Operator's manual.
- Faulty spark plug
- Clean, adjust gap, or replace plug.
- Blocked fuel line
- Clean or replace fuel line.
- Engine flooded
- Wait a few minutes to start. Do not prime.
- Fuel valve (if equipped) closed
- Open fuel valve. See engine manual.
- Engine not choked (if equipped with a choke)
- Choke engine. See engine manual.