Diagnose & Troubleshoot
Engine fails to start Possible Causes and Corrective Actions
- Spark plug wire disconnected
- Connect wire to spark plug.
- Fule tank empty or stale fuel
- Fill tank with clean, fresh fuel.
- Throttle control lever not in correct starting position (if equipped)
- Move throttle lever to start position.
- Choke not in ON position
- Move choke lever to ON position.
- Blocked fuel line
- Clean fuel line
- Faulty spark plug
- Clean, adjust gap, or replace.
- Engine flooding
- Wait a few minutes to restart, but do not prime (if equipped).