Shipping & Returns
Shop With Confidence
Fast, Free Shipping
Parts orders over $45 ship free, Delivery for standard shipping averages 3-5 business days. *Expedited shipping is available and all orders placed before 3 pm ship the same day.
* Some exclusions apply.
Hassle-Free Parts Returns
We'll make sure you get the right part. We will work with you to ensure you receive the correct replacement part for your machine and that you receive credit for your part return.*
* Some exclusions apply.
Live Chat with Experts
Our outdoor power equipment experts are just one click away through Live Chat. Available Mon - Fri 9am - 7pm EDT
Phone support also available: 1-800-269-6215
When returning a part, please follow these steps:
- Prior to the return of new, unused parts, please review the instructions included on your packing slip. If you have any questions, please call our support team at 1-800-269-6215.
- Please do not return used parts, batteries or fluids as they are non-refundable.
- Be sure to send incorrect parts back promptly. A processing fee of 25% will be charged for parts received 90 days after delivery (returns will not be accepted after a year from date received).
- Your refund will be credited to the original credit card used for your purchase within 1 - 2 billing cycles from receipt of returned merchandise at our warehouse.
In order to process your return, please provide the following information:
- A copy of your order confirmation
- Your order number
- Your bill-to details
- The phone number provided when placing your order
Abuse of Return Policy:
MTD Genuine Parts reserves the right to refuse to sell to any person for any reason not prohibited by law, including, but not limited to, abuse of its return policy.
*All returns are subject to inspection by MTD Genuine Parts personnel as to identify possible use, misuse, missing components, damage or abuse. Refunds may be denied because of failure to pass a return inspection.
Should you choose to cancel your order, please be advised that order processing begins immediately upon placement, therefore, there is a limited amount of time during which an order can be cancelled prior to shipment. Once our warehouse prints your order, it cannot be cancelled.
Backordered items can be cancelled at any time prior to being received into inventory.
New, unused equipment may be returned for a period of up to 14 days after the delivery date. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. Customers wishing to return new, unused equipment must call 1-800-269-6215 within 14 days of delivery of the product to obtain a return authorization and instructions. Once fuel is put in the fuel system, it is considered "used", and is therefore non-returnable. Units that perform as designed are non-returnable, as they are now considered "used"*.
For questions regarding equipment set-up, operation, or maintenance, please call our technical support team at 1-800-269-6215.
It is extremely important that all new, unused equipment being returned receive a return authorization prior to being returned. Equipment returned without a return authorization prior to shipment may be rejected for refund consideration and may also be subject to a storage fee of $20 per day. Total storage charges will not exceed the original total purchase amount. If an item is returned and becomes subject to storage fees, it will be considered "abandoned". Abandoned items will become the sole property of MTD Genuine Parts as soon as the storage fees meet or exceed the original total purchase amount. When the remaining credit eligible balance reaches zero, abandoned items may be resold or disposed of at the sole discretion of MTD Genuine Parts.
Shipping is available in the continental United States. We are unable to take online orders that ship to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, U.S. Virgin Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, or Guam. If you need to place an order outside of the Contiguous U.S states, please contact us at 1-800-782-2700.
Shipments will only take place Monday-Friday (excluding holidays). Please refer to the dates and shipping rates listed during checkout for your expected shipment and delivery dates as well as any delivery charges.
Shipping charges are based on the total dollar amount of the order and are as follows:
|Order Price Range||Standard Delivery Charge|
|$0.01 - $14.99||$4.99|
|$15.00 - $29.99||$7.49|
|$30.00 - $44.99||$8.99|
|$45.00 or more||Free|
|Order Price Range||LTL Freight Delivery Cost|
|$499.99 or less||$29.00|
|$500 - $999.99||$69.00|
|$1,000 - $1,999.99||$99.00|
|$2,000 or more||$119.00|
Shipping and Handling Charges
- Shipping and handling charges are refundable if the item was shipped in error on behalf of MTD Genuine Parts. Otherwise, it is considered non-refundable.
- All other refunds of shipping and handling charges are solely at the discretion of MTD Genuine Parts.
In addition to the standard shipping charge, there will be an additional charge for next day, second day, and ground shipments. Expedited shipping is available for most parts and accessories and will be offered as an option if applicable. Next day and second day delivery orders must be received before 3 p.m. EST in order to ship on the day the order is placed. Next day and second day delivery orders placed after 3 p.m. EST may not ship until the following business day. Ground delivery orders must be placed before 3 p.m. EST to ship by the following business day. Orders placed after 3 p.m. EST may not ship until two business days after the order is placed.
What is LTL (Less than Truckload) Delivery?
LTL deliveries are used for orders that exceed the weight and/or dimension restrictions of standard delivery methods. Typical delivery time for LTL shipping is 5 to 7 business days (excluding weekends and holidays). Once your order has been processed and shipped, you receive a phone call from the freight company at least 24 hours prior to delivery. It is important that you provide your daytime phone number when placing your order. If you are not sure that you provided your phone number, please contact us at 1-800-269-6215.
Please note the following regarding LTL deliveries.
- Many truck freight companies do not require their drivers to unload shipments. We suggest that you make arrangements to have extra help on hand to assist with unloading your product.
- Ramps and/or unloading equipment may be necessary to have on-hand.
- If the shipping company needs to make special arrangements to unload merchandise, such as lift-gate truck delivery or extra delivery personnel, it will be the responsibility of the customer to reimburse the trucking company unless otherwise noted.
- Some municipalities prohibit truck freight delivery in residential areas. As a result, customers may need to arrange pick-up at the local trucking company's distribution center.
- Please inspect the product carefully and thoroughly before signing the shipping receipt. Shipping damage is covered by the LTL freight company.
- Your signature on the receipt is your acceptance of the merchandise. The customer must arrange all returns or exchanges of LTL freight shipments with a local carrier.