Diagnose & Troubleshoot
Engine fails to start Possible Causes and Corrective Actions
- Dirty air cleaner
- Replace air filter.
- Engine needs primed
- Push primer bulb two or three times.
- Fuel tank empty
- Fill tank with clean, fresh gasoline.
- Stale fuel in gas tank
- Drain fuel and refill tank with clean, fresh gasoline.
- Spark plug wire disconnected
- Connect the spark plug wire to the spark plug.
- Spark plug fouled
- Clean, adjust gap, or replace spark plug.
- Engine flooded
- Wait a few minutes to restart, but do not prime.