1-800-269-6215Mon. - Fri. 8AM - 8PM &Sat. 9AM - 5PM EST
Know your part number?
- Know your model number?
- Don't know your model number?
You can use the Part Finder to help find your model and the right part for your machine.
Diagnose & Troubleshoot Log Splitters
Select one of the symptoms below to find possible causes and common solutions
- Engine Fails to Start
- Engine Overheats
- Engine Runs Erratic
- Engine Stalls During Splitting
- Hydraulic: Cylinder Rod Will Not Move
- Hydraulic: Engine Runs but Wood Will Not Split or Wood Splits Too Slowly
- Hydraulic: Engine Will Not Turn or Stalls Under Low Load Conditions
- Hydraulic: Leaking Cylinder
- Hydraulic: Leaking Pump Shaft Seal
- Hydraulic: Slow Cylinder Shaft Speed While Extending and Retracting
Hydraulic: Leaking Pump Shaft Seal
|Possible Causes||Corrective Actions|
1Broke drive shaft
Correct alignment as necessary
Gear sections damaged
Poorly positioned shaft seal
Plugged oil breather
Make certain reservoir is properly vented